25 November 2021
Eligable Entrants | Past Participants, Premium and Corporates
2 December 2021
Entries open to all
Receive all updates through the newsletter. Sign up if you're not receiving it.
Otter Entry Process - 2 Phases
A maximum of only 500 entries are available for both events. A total of 250 entries each for the Otter Challenge and the Otter Race. Entries open in the following 2 phases in date order:
PHASE 1: Past Participants, Premium and Corporate Entries Open
Entries open for particpants of the 2021 Otter African Trail Run as well as the Premium Entries and Corporate Package (new). See details below
PHASE 2: Public Entries Open
Otter African Trail Run entries open for sale to the public on a first come first serve basis.
How to enter
Entry Package includes:
- Otter African Trail Run including SAN Parks permit and Conservation Fees
- Otter prologue
- Shuttle to the start
- Munchie Point @ halfway mark
- After race – finish line buffet lunch
- Award ceremony and dinner
- Event garment or item and goodie bag
- Race medal
Retto Edition - Race
R50 000 = 5 Entries
Retto Edition - Challenge
R50 000 = 5 Entries
Otter Corporate Package
Package of 5 Entries, each including the Otter Entry benefits plus the following:
- 5 entries are each eligible for 2 free changes (or fully transferable - but not deferrable) up until 1 month prior to the event
- Conservation & SANParks permit
- Munchie Point
- After Race finish line buffet
- Awards Ceremony & Dinner
- Event Garment or goodie bag item
- Race medal
- Priority Registration and Prologue (no queues)
- Reserved seats at Briefing and Prize giving
- Reserved table at Awards dinner
- Official Race Shirt
- Team/Company Logos on all shirts, caps
- Otter Premium Goodie Bag
- Otter Cap
- Complimentary massage
- Complimentary Drink at registration
- Private walk on the trail with selected elite athletes on Prologue day
Otter Charity Donations
Upon entry you may select to donate to our Otter Supported Charities or towards an Angel entry.
ANGEL ENTRY FUND DONATION
It is no secret that much of Africa’s immense sporting potential is trapped by circumstances. Participating in the gala events remains beyond the means of some of our countries most deserving trail runners. Enabling the dream of a worthy athlete of participating in the Grail of Trail can one of the most rewarding aspect to one’s own Otter Run journey. The Angel Entry Fund Donation makes it possible.
Donations of any amount are hugely appreciated. Available from as little as R 100 up to the generosity of a full entry + accommodation and meals at R 7400
The following benefits for the underprivileged athlete:
- All the standard race package benefits included
- All meals included (pre-race dinner, pre-race breakfast box, finish line after-race lunch, awards dinner.
- The donated entry includes basic tented accommodation (athlete to please bring your own sleeping bag)
Note that the organizers allocate the donated entry associated with the Angel Entry at their discretion to a list of nominees.
OTTER SUPPORTED CHARITIES DONATION
Wilderness Conservation, Sustainability and inclusivity are integral to The African Otter trail Runs core ethos. To this end the Otter supports the critical work the Natures Valley Trust does in constructively engaging all stake holders in the area. We also support upliftment projects in the Covie Community.
Otter Waiting List
What exactly is the Priority List?
The priority lists for the Otter African Trail Run is for persons wishing to increase their chances of obtaining an entry for these events by registering on these lists and thereby being afforded the opportunity to enter before online entries open to the public but does not guarantee obtaining an entry. Registration on the Priority List costs R250 which will be donated to the event nominated charity. Priority List entries are done online and are treated on a first-come basis. Persons registered on the Priority List that are not successful in obtaining an online entry will automatically be transferred onto the waiting list.
How it works
Persons unsuccessful in obtaining an entry online may register on the waiting list that will open as soon as the entries are sold out. Registration on the waiting list costs R225.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
As most of the expenses incurred in staging this event are committed to in advance, refunds are only possible well in advance or when a replacement can be found. The following rules apply:
- Full payment is required on entry
- 85% on your full order will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before 15 April 2022
- 65% on your full order will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before 15 July 2022
- After 15 July 2022 refunds will only apply if these entries can be substituted from the waiting list. Please note that these possible refunds will only be made after completion of the event
- No refunds or waiting list substitutions from 25 August 2022
- No refunds on Waiting List entries
- Deferrals are not permitted
- Accommodations, Mealtickets, and Bloukrans Hike are eligible for the same % refunds as above. Race Shirts however are only eligible until the 15 July 2022. You can also choose to keep or reallocate these additions to another athlete.
The Otter African Trail events do not permit athletes to substitute an entry on their own. Entries will have to be returned to the organisers and refunded according to the refund policy*. Returned entries will only be made available to athletes on the waiting list.
*PREMIUM ENTRIES are under the general Refunds & Cancellation Policy, but allow for only 1 substitution to another athlete on their own.**CORPORATE PACKAGE all 5 entries are each eligible for 2 free changes (or fully transferable - but not deferrable) up until 1 month prior to the event