Two Trail distances.
Shorter. Faster. Still Tough and Technical.
Whether you choose to run the Dassie 11km or the 6km, be assured, every step over rocks, roots, pebbles, through riverbeds and up steep climbs is worth the effort. Racing through the most pristine indigenous forests will offer fantastic views to the river mouth and the ocean and will let every trail runner's heart jump of joy.
The Dassie is for trail runners who:
- Want to be part of South Africa’s most competitive trail run,
- Want to be there when world-class athletes cross the Otter finish line,
- Are friends and family of an Otter athlete and are keen to get active without missing their Otter heroes finish,
- Want to run, but are not ready for the Otter,
- Wanted to run the Otter, but didn’t manage to get an entry, and
- Simply love the Otter trails!
Dassie Trail Event Details
Date: Saturday 8 October 2022
Late Registration: 7:00am Start: 8:00am
Location: Storms River Mouth Restcamp (Tsitsikamma National Park)
11k Dassie Trail - Entry Fees:
11km Trail Run Adult = R310 pp*
11km Trail Run Child = R310 p/child*
6km Dassie Trail - Entry Fees:
6km Trail Run Adult = R265 pp*
6km Trail Run Child = R265 p/child*
*Participation in the Dassie Trail is inclusive of your SANParks conservation fee for the day.
NOTE: No entries will be sold on the day. Pre-registration only and limited amount of tickets. We will release collection points for your timing Chip and Race Number.
Download the route files:
Two file formats to choose from, the .fit file is best for a Garmin.
Dassie Route download file .fit
Send .fit link to me:
Dassie Route download file .ppx
Send .gpx link to me: