ENTRY PROCEDURE AND ONLINE ENTRY SCHEDULE RETTO 2018
- The Otter Challenge (11 Hour Cut-Off)
- 17th & 18th October 2018
- R 4600
- The Otter Run (8 hour Cut-Off)
- 19th & 20th October 2018
- R 4900
Included into the Entry Fee:
- OTTER African Trail Run including SAN Parks permit and Conservation Fees
- Munchie Point @ Halfway Mark
- After Race Lunch
- Award Dinner & Ceremony
- Salomon Garment & Goodie Bag
- Shuttle to the Start of the race
- Race medal
A total of 250 entries are presented for each of the Otter Events 2018. (Note that an allocation of 40 entries for the RUN are reserved for international ELITE athletes.)
- PHASE 1; PAST PARTICIPANTS ENTRIES
- ( please note: 2017 participants only )
- On Wednesday 22 November 2017 from 10h00am online entries will be opened for both the Otter Run and Otter Challenge to 2017 Otter participants. You will have time to enter until Sunday 26 November 2017 midnight.
- From Sunday 26 November 2017 midnight until Wednesday 31 January 2018 10h00am, no entries will be taken in.
- Please note: this is only for 2017 participants
PHASE 2; PRIORITY LIST ENTRIES *
- On Wednesday 31 January 2018 from 10h00am online entries will be opened to persons registered on the priority list* first come basis.
- Note that persons registered on the “priority list” that are unsuccessful in entering during Phase 2 will automatically be placed on the waiting list**.
- PHASE 3 PUBLIC ENTRIES (if available)
- On Wednesday 7 February from 10h00am entries (if any available) will be opened to public on a first come first serve basis.
- Persons not successful in entering during Phase 3 should register on the waiting list** for Phase 4
- PHASE 4 WAITING LIST** ENTRIES
- From April 2018 until 1st of October as and if places become available, persons listed on the waiting list will be entered into a monthly lottery for these places. Winners will be contacted and given the opportunity to enter failing which another name will be drawn.
* PRIORITY LIST
The priority lists for the Otter African Trail Run is for persons wishing to increase their chances of obtaining an entry for these events by registering on these lists and thereby being afforded the opportunity to enter 1 week before online entries open to the public. Registration on the Priority List costs R150 which will be donated to the event nominated charity. Registration on the priority list only affords persons registered on the list the opportunity to enter before online entries are opened to the public and is no guarantee of obtaining an entry. Priority List entries are done online and are treated on a first come basis. Persons registered on the priority list that are not successful in obtaining an online entry will automatically be transferred onto the Waiting list and entered into the monthly draw for places that may become available.
** WAITING LIST
Persons unsuccessful in obtaining an entry online during PHASE 1-3 may register on the waiting list. Although the OTTER is raced individually, the waiting list allows athletes to register either for a single (R 150) or a double (R 250) waiting list ticket. Fees for the Waiting list will be donated to the event nominated charities.
Persons listed on the waiting list will be entered into a monthly draw for any places that may become available.
A survey will be sent to the waiting list ahead of each waiting list draw to establish whether a candidate wants to be included in the following draw. Single Waiting list tickets - if drawn - will secure one entry to the event while double waiting list tickets - if drawn - will secure 2 x entries to the event for 2 individual athletes. (Please note that these athletes do not have to race as a pair and each has to pay the full entry fee).
Winners of the draw will be contacted and be given 72 hours to enter. Failure to enter within 72 hours will lead to removal from the list.